Ocean logistics is where our journey began at Hemisphere. It's in our blood. To the extent that even our overseas vacation pictures are often filled with snaps of the local ports and vessels. We pride ourselves on the market knowledge we have obtained over 28 years and continue to obtain.
In this dynamic market, we always have our finger on the pulse. Shipping lines are complex organisations, but we've worked hard to build sustainable partnerships to provide competitive rates, while ensuring your shipments are managed effectively from point of origin to final destination.
Ocean Shipping and Logistics
Ocean logistics (also known and ocean and sea freight) is a cost-efficient way of transporting product via cargo ships – because a typical cargo ship or vessel can carry up to 18k containers (TEU). As such, transporting high quantities is more cost-effective.
Wherever in the world your goods are travelling, our team will ensure that we provide the quickest and cost-efficient solution for you.
We have a very experienced and dedicated team ready to help you with your ocean freight needs.Get in Touch Today
From A to B at Sea: Export, Import and Cross Trades
We have extensive experience in deep and short sea ocean export, import and cross trades. Working with all major and specialist carriers and with a very experienced and dedicated customer service team, we’re able to co-ordinate and administer shipments irrespective of their origin, destination or complexity.
Shipping lines are hugely complex organisations, but we have worked hard to build sustainable partnerships to provide competitive rates, while ensuring your shipments are managed effectively from point of origin to final destination.
Ocean Freight Capabilities & Accreditations
- Logistics management & consultancy
- Full container loads (FCL) – 20’, 40’, 45’, General Purpose, High Cube, Open Top & Refrigerated
- Less than container loads (LCL)
- Out-of-gauge (OOG) / non-containerised product
- Ro-Ro (Roll on, Roll off)
- Hazardous (inc. Class 1), dangerous & sensitive cargo (inc. Section 5)
- Breakbulk (shipped as loose cargo)
- Vessel charter or part charter as required
- Commercial documentation processing
- Customs clearance
- Letter of Credit servicing
- Consular documentation
- ATA Carnet processing
- Export and import license processing
- Marine/transit insurance
- Assessing working practices, compliance and H&SE risk