HFS Seeking Logistics Professional to Join Commercial Team
3 minutes to read
Having recently been recognised for our commitment to staff development, Hemisphere Freight Services is looking for a proactive, commercially-minded logistics professional who can help us continue to grow our services in 2019.
The primary function of this role will be sourcing and providing import, export and cross-trade ocean freight solutions to HFS’ clients. However, there will also be an opportunity to deliver multimodal solutions globally, making use of the expertise and infrastructure that already exists within the company.
On a day-to-day basis, the role will involve:
- Daily communication with our clients and close cooperation with the HFS team to understand requirements and provide second-to-none logistics solutions
- Use of our in-house CRM system to produce quotations and perform other related functions
- Working closely with HFS’ partners/suppliers to procure competitive rates and effective solutions
- Client visits with our Business Development Managers (BDMs) and other colleagues
Join Hemisphere’s Fast-Growing Commercial Team
As part of our commercial team, this role will also entail working closely with our BDMs, operations teams and immediate colleagues in fulfilling the below responsibilities:
- Ensuring a high standard of customer experience, from putting together tailored logistics solutions and providing quotations through to setting up bookings with the operations team
- Representing HFS and its values professionally
- Converting commercial opportunities into bookings
- Supporting and installing trust with the BDM team by effectively taking care of their clients’ requests and converting them into bookings
- Gathering customer feedback and working closely with BDMs to increase success rates
- Following standard operating procedures (SOPs) for each client, which are developed with the BDMs
- Supporting our Global Network team with enquiries whenever needed
- Maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure we are meeting their requirements and maximising opportunities.
- Maintaining the consistency of branding on all documents and communications
- Providing fresh ideas either to improve our processes, systems or increase/enhance the services being offered to our clients
Taking Care of Our Employees
At HFS, we go the extra mile to ensure our employees have the best opportunity for professional development. All members of staff are given regular training opportunities to help advance their career in logistics, plus the opportunity to attend numerous industry events.
As an HFS employee, you will be entitled to a holiday allowance of 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as access to our recently renovated on-site facilities. These include a newly-installed kitchen, canteen and breakout area with dart board, pool table, table tennis and table football – in addition to washroom, changing and locker facilities.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.