Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Be a part of Hemisphere’s growing Warehouse and Transport team. As LCL Groupage Planner, you will possess strong communication skills as you will be the main liaison point between fleet operations, Drivers, and the Warehouse team. You will plan and oversee all matters related to the Drivers, including route planning and scheduling, coaching, supporting, and debriefing them to achieve an outstanding service to customers.
This role would suit either an experienced LCL Groupage planner or highly experienced HGV Driver with experience in LCL and FTL deliveries.
The role will involve:
As a LCL Groupage Planner, you’ll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities.
- Plan and organise the loading
- Produce loading and delivery schedules to ensure effective delivery and collection of goods
- Organise the vehicle fleet maintenance and inspection requirements
- Manage driver sickness and holidays ensuring adequate cover
- Using internal software to input bookings and liaise with transport team
- Work with the Transport team to ensure customers are kept up to date with delivery times
- Knowledge of safety and legal compliance
- Additional aspects may be included or varied depending on an applicant’s skill set and experience
You will need to have:
We are looking to grow a team with varied experience and skills, some of what we are looking for are:
- Experience working within the transport and logistics industry will be a distinct advantage
- Strong levels of communication with clients and suppliers internal and external to ensure seamless transport services
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box to find solutions
- Good understanding of Port systems and operations
- Experience of using Destin8
- Understanding of AEO Procedures
- High level customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivation, being able to prioritise work and meet deadlines as well as an excellent telephone manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
Business Development ManagerIpswichFull TimeIt is important that our BDM’s can act as logistics consultants for our clients and...About the role
Ocean Export Sales Co-ordinatorIpswichFull TimeWe specialise in providing global supply chain solutions and can handle every aspect of our...About the role
European ManagerIpswichFull TimeOur European Logistics team are responsible for sourcing solutions and managing the logistics operations of...About the role
European OperativeIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
13 minutes to read
10 minutes to read
13 minutes to read
10 minutes to read