Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Hemisphere are continually looking to expand and grow its Warehousing operations and services with a successful candidate joining a strong performing Company and Department with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This department has plenty of opportunities for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
The role will involve:
The Warehouse team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at our new flagship Warehouse (Port 1, Great Blakenham, nr. Ipswich), we may also require the role to provide some cover at our Ipswich White House Road, Warehouse therefore, a degree of flexibility will be required.
- Overseeing that product is picked, packed, loaded, unloaded, and stored according to Hemisphere and Customer specifications
- Managing the Warehouse workload to ensure tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with training
- Responsible for Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Maintain responsibility for operational effectiveness of equipment and machinery and report faults in a timely manner
- Maintain personal PPE
- Deputise in the absence of the Warehouse Operations Manager
- Liaising with internal and external customers
You will need to have:
As a Warehouse Supervisor you’ll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities. You’ll be involved in day-to-day operations.
- Previous experience within a Fulfilment Warehouse required
- Supervisory experience and people management skills an advantage
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail to achieve deadlines
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Organisational, planning and time-management skills with a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work
- The ability to think logically and assist team members with any enquires they may have
- Strong communication skills and comfortable with dealing with conflict
- Forklift Licence experience
- A full driving licence will be required, due to travelling between sites
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
- Ipswich Warehousing & Freight
Fulfilment AdministratorIpswich Warehousing & FreightFull TimeWithin this role you will be looking after the logistics needs of our fulfilment clients,...About the role
Warehouse Outbound Team LeaderIpswich Warehousing & FreightFull TimeAs a Warehouse Outbound Team Leader you'll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum...About the role
The Latest from HFS
2 minutes to read
2 minutes to read