Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Hemisphere are continually looking to expand and grow its Warehousing operations and services with a successful candidate joining a strong performing Company and Department with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This department has plenty of opportunities for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
The role will involve:
The Warehouse team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at our new flagship Warehouse (Port 1, Great Blakenham, nr. Ipswich), we may also require the role to provide some cover at our Ipswich White House Road, Warehouse therefore, a degree of flexibility will be required.
As an Outbound Team Leader, you’ll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities.
- Liaising with the Warehouse Supervisor/Warehouse Operations Manager
- Deputising for the Warehouse Supervisor
- Ensuring that the product is picked, packed, or loaded in accordance with our customer requirements
- Ensure work is carried out to the best of operative's abilities
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work & others
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with training
- Comply with Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Maintain responsibility for operational effectiveness of equipment and machinery and report faults in a timely manner
- Maintain personal PPE
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned
- General warehouse duties
You will need to have:
In addition to being involved in the day-to-day Operations you’ll take work instructions from the Warehouse Operations Manager (or in their absence the Warehouse Supervisor), monitor the Warehouse Operatives productivity & performance, assign tasks, and deliver constructive criticism where necessary.
- Previous experience within a Warehouse required
- Comfortable with working on your own initiative
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to teamwork
- Organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Forklift Licence & experience
- Previous packing experience
- Manual handling
- A practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work
- A full driving license may be required, due to travelling between sites
- Additional aspects may be included or varied depending on an applicant’s skill set and experience
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
- Ipswich Warehousing & Freight
Warehouse SupervisorIpswich Warehousing & FreightFull TimeAs a Warehouse Supervisor you'll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and...About the role
Fulfilment AdministratorIpswich Warehousing & FreightFull TimeWithin this role you will be looking after the logistics needs of our fulfilment clients,...About the role
The Latest from HFS
2 minutes to read
2 minutes to read