Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Hemisphere Freight Services Ltd are currently looking for a commercially minded, proactive Export Ocean Coordinator who has experience in Ocean Export SaIes. We are looking for someone who can be adaptable and offer our existing clients tailor made solutions in order to win the business, whilst utilising our own internal departments and play a big part in our ever-growing Export Ocean department.
The role will involve:
Our Export Ocean freight team supply our customers with tailored logistics solutions which enables them to export their products to new and existing markets successfully. The primary role will be offering existing client base export freight requirements in order to secure as much business as possible and build up a solid relationship with our clients, It will also encompass providing Multimodal Solutions globally utilising our team’s expertise and the company’s infrastructure and working on our technology solutions to enhance internal efficiencies and the service offering to customers.
- Work closely with Ocean Freight Manager to achieve department and Company strategy and goals
- Develop commercial opportunities, being proactive in looking for and taking advantage of all commercial opportunities
- Having a can do attitude
- Building and maintaining client relations for new and continued business with customers
- Work closely with Ocean Freight Manager to enhance our effective procurement and supplier management
- Customer visits
- Follow up calls with clients on a regular basis
- Update Ocean Freight Manager on status of all activities, raise issues and provide solutions regarding work within department
- Providing logistics consultancy to potential or existing clients
- Responsible for representing Hemisphere and our values professionally
- Ensuring Customers/Partners are receiving first class customer service
- Resolving client issues effectively
You will need to have:
The below experience and skills will give any applicant an advantage. We are looking to grow a team with varied experience and skills, some of what we are looking for are:
- Sound commercial judgement
- Strategic planning and execution
- Commercial Export ocean freight experience
- Building and maintaining client relations for new and continued business
- Understanding of Inco Terms
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Customer service
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
Business Development ManagerIpswichFull TimeIt is important that our BDM’s can act as logistics consultants for our clients and...About the role
European ManagerIpswichFull TimeOur European Logistics team are responsible for sourcing solutions and managing the logistics operations of...About the role
European OperativeIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have...About the role
LCL Groupage PlannerIpswichFull TimeAs LCL Groupage Planner, you will possess strong communication skills as you will be the...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
13 minutes to read
10 minutes to read
13 minutes to read
10 minutes to read