Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Due to demand, the focus on the changes seen due to Brexit and the additional needs for customs, Hemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased volume and offer our customers the level of care Hemisphere Freight promise and the ability to handle customs formalities of any nature within the European team.
The role will involve:
Hemisphere are looking for a new team member in the role of European sales co-ordinator within our European department. This role will be focusing on quoting for existing Hemisphere European customers, developing new European customers and building relationships with existing and new hauliers to maximise our services and customer care levels.
This role requires an individual who is approachable, proactive, organised, works well under pressure, shows good attention to detail, can demonstrate good sales skills/negotiation, has a strong work ethic, enjoys problem solving along with the buzz of gaining new business and can provide great service to our clients.
Ideally, the individual would have some experience within the European freight industry and have some understanding of customs formalities required to move shipments between the UK and EU.
- Creating quotations for our clients both UK customers and overseas agents in all modes FTL or LTL, be it import or export
- Successfully converting quotes into bookings
- Carrying out and logging quote follow ups
- Proactively seeking new opportunities
- Rate management
- Ensuring all data related to quotations is logged in Sapphire system
- Assist in constant development of our systems regarding pricing
- Seamlessly passing converted jobs to operations
- Working alongside our European Manager for pricing and solutions on larger projects
- Building and maintaining client, agents & supplier relations
- AEO, ISO and customs compliance
You will need to have:
The below experience and skills will give any applicant an advantage. We are looking to grow a team with varied experience and skills, some of what we are looking for are:
- European operational experience
- Knowledge in required customs documentation, certificates, or licences and general Customs Compliance
- Knowledge of Tariffs
- Handling of customs for freight movements involving EU/EFTA countries and understanding of proposed new procedures since Brexit
- Understanding of ISO/AEO Procedures
- Understanding of Inco Terms
- Additional declarations for specific destinations and origins
- High Level of Customer service skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
- Ipswich Warehousing & Freight
The Latest from HFS
2 minutes to read
2 minutes to read