Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Due to demand the customs requirements, Hemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have the ability to handle customs formalities or any nature within the European team.
The role will involve:
A successful candidate would be joining a strong performing company with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This department has plenty opportunity for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
- European Operations, Inclusive of dealing directly with Clients on operational needs, quotations and liaising with suppliers to deliver on appropriate services.
- Performing customs entries for Imports and Exports to a high accuracy level and standard
- Customs formalities for European Movements
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued business with customers
- Data capture and record keeping
- Supporting customers with general customs advice
- Internal auditing checks to maintain high level customs compliance
- Proactive approach to problem solving and opportunities
- Working with HMRC and other customs authorities
You will need to have:
Current experience in customs clearances and Knowledge will give any applicant an advantage. We are looking to grow a team with varied experience and skills, some of what we are looking for are:
- European operational experience
- Knowledge of customs process and requirements
- Competence in handling/submitting additional customs documentation, certificates or licences
- Knowledge of Tariffs
- Handling of customs for freight movements involving EU/EFTA countries and understanding of proposed new procedures since Brexit
- Understanding of AEO Procedures
- General Customs Compliance
- Understanding of Inco Terms
- Additional declarations for specific destinations and origins
- High Level of Customer service skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
European Customer Care OperativeIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased volume and offer...About the role
European Logistics SolutionsIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have...About the role
UK Transport PlannerIpswichFull TimeAs Transport Planner, you will possess strong communication skills as you will be the main...About the role
Customs OperativeIpswichFull TimeBe a part of Hemisphere’s growing Customs and Specialist services. Due to increased demand as...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1 – Night DriverIpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
10 minutes to read
10 minutes to read