Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
We are looking for a commercially minded Customs expert to be the team leader in Hemisphere’s specialist Customs division.
The role will involve:
You will provide high quality Customs handling for our customers providing a critical link in the smooth and efficient flow of their goods into the UK and internationally. The successful candidate would be joining a strong performing company with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This operational department has plenty opportunities for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
- Building and maintaining client relations for new and continued business with customers
- Promoting HFS Customs services to new and existing businesses
- Staying up to date with all Customs regulations including those associated with Brexit and adapting our processes and client’s processes to meet the new requirements
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed by the team within a timely manner
- Providing Customs information for and consulting with potential or existing external business including in relation to Brexit and Customs in general
- Provide ongoing learning, development and support for the team and other internal departments on new or changing trade compliance policies
- AEO Management
- Compliance and Auditing
- Working with HMRC and other Customs authorities
You will need to have:
You will have an excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for international Exports, Imports and Transit movements as well as current experience in Managing a Customs clearance team. Some of what we are looking for are:
- An excellent experience of using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar management position
- Excellent knowledge of Customs legislation for both Imports and Exports with related procedures and documents
- Knowledge of Tariffs, Bonded Customs, and Special/Simplified Customs Procedures
- Experience of handling Customs for freight movements involving EU/EFTA countries, AEO Procedures, and Inco Terms
- You will be a competent decision maker with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Must have excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members and work as part of a team
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
Ocean Export Sales Co-ordinatorIpswichFull TimeWe specialise in providing global supply chain solutions and can handle every aspect of our...About the role
Ocean Import Co-ordinatorIpswichFull TimeWe specialise in providing global supply chain solutions and can handle every aspect of our...About the role
UK Transport PlannerIpswichFull TimeAs Transport Planner, you will possess strong communication skills as you will be the main...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1 – Night DriverIpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
10 minutes to read
10 minutes to read