Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Be a part of Hemisphere’s growing Warehouse and Transport team. The Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at our Ipswich Warehouse, the role operates nationally, therefore a degree of flexibility will be required.
The role will involve:
As a Commercial Driver, you’ll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities. You’ll be working as an HGV 1 night driver delivering and collecting containers/curtainsider trailers nationwide.
- Night driving nationally in the UK.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 60 hours per week between the hours of 18:00 and 06:00. Overtime as & when required.
- Full PPE provided; uniform, high-vis, and safety boots.
- Full-time and permanent.
- Always professional and have a positive attitude towards our customers.
- Basic conversational English required.
You will need to have:
- 1 years’ HGV driving experience in the UK.
- Good geography knowledge.
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Manual handling.
- A practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Full Valid Driver’s Licence with Category C&E (CLASS 1) – preferably a clean license, Digital Tachograph, Drivers Qualification Card (DQC), and Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Qualification.
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
European Customer Care OperativeIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased volume and offer...About the role
European OperativeIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have...About the role
European Logistics SolutionsIpswichFull TimeHemisphere is expanding its European department to be able to handle increased operations and have...About the role
UK Transport PlannerIpswichFull TimeAs Transport Planner, you will possess strong communication skills as you will be the main...About the role
Customs OperativeIpswichFull TimeBe a part of Hemisphere’s growing Customs and Specialist services. Due to increased demand as...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 1IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
10 minutes to read
10 minutes to read