Hemisphere is looking for someone to make a difference. Are you up for it?
Established in 1989, Hemisphere is an all-encompassing global logistics provider and has grown to be one of the largest independent UK providers of logistics solutions across Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa, and Australasia. We specialise in providing global supply chain solutions and can handle every aspect of our clients’ cargo needs via our expert in-house teams – from start to finish, regardless of point of origin or destination.
The role will involve:
We are looking to expand and grow its Accounts Team and a successful candidate would be joining a strong performing Company and Department with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This department has plenty of opportunity for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
- Evaluating new credit requests and conducting client credit checks
- Managing and collecting debts from company debtors
- Setting up the terms of credit for new clients
- Negotiating payment plans
- Managing collection of all payments and debts
- Responding to client inquiries
- Preparing statements and reports for the company accountant
- Managing the sales ledger
- Liaising with customers and operations
- Perform Credit Checks and update Credit for existing customers
- Daily banking reconciliation
- Working out Contra payments for overseas suppliers
- Managing supplier payments and invoice processing
- Working across multiple currencies including GBP, EUR, and USD
You will need to have:
The ideal candidate would be experienced in logistics accounts work, with an operational background.
Since this is a small team, in times of absence and during peak periods, depending on the applicant’s skill set and experience you will be expected to help cover your colleagues’ roles. Therefore, you must be flexible and demonstrate a willingness to accept additional tasks, as necessary.
We are looking to grow a team with varied experience and skills, some of what we are looking for are:
- Previous work experience with debits and credits, dealing with UK payments as well as overseas would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors accounts
- A thorough, methodical, and logical approach to your work
- Competence in and confidence with maths
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent commercial sense
- Good IT skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheets, and experience of the Open Accounts software would also be an advantage
- Self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team
- The capacity to understand complex information and problem solve
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Discretion and honesty when handling confidential information
What you’ll get as part of our team
The value in looking after your employees has never been more apparent. We make sure our team members enjoy both fulfilling careers and a nurturing workplace.
Regular social events, including meals, parties and days out
Individual Staff development plans
Optional fitness and bootcamp sessions to keep teams safe and healthy and discounted Gym Membership with FTC Gym
Supporting Inspire Suffolk with fundraising and work placements for young people
Company schemes to benefit local communities, helping everyone around us
After three years of working with us, you can benefit from AXA Private Medical Insurance and a loyalty bonus scheme
Our Company Values
- Building open and trusting partnerships with our Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
- We need to show clients and Partners that there is value in our service and rate isn’t the only consideration. Go the extra mile. (be available, reply quickly, understand their needs)
- We can always find a Solution! Yes, it may cost more, but we should always offer a solution to our clients, no matter how challenging.
- We need to be proactive and consider solutions based on all their requirements (ready date, required delivery date, admin requirements, and budget.) Provide more than one option.
- Take pride and care in what we do and services which we offer.
- Celebrate our successes and our client’s successes.
- Culture of continuous improvement. The Best practices now aren’t always the best practices for the future.
- If we have a problem, we find a solution as a team in a positive manner (no blame culture)
- Work as a team and look after one another.
Apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this exciting role!
Interested in a different role?
Business Development ManagerIpswichFull TimeIt is important that our BDM’s can act as logistics consultants for our clients and...About the role
Warehouse OperativeIpswichFull TimeAs a Warehouse Operative you'll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and...About the role
Commercial Driver HGV Class 2IpswichFull TimeThe Transport team are responsible for the operational services. Whilst this role is based at...About the role
The Latest from HFS
2 minutes to read
3 minutes to read
2 minutes to read
3 minutes to read